[opencms-dev] Deleting resources and database size

Chuck Mysak chuck.mysak at gmail.com
Fri May 22 16:23:10 CEST 2009

Hello all,

I'm maintaining quite a big content rich website using OpenCms 7, and the
mysql database is gone way over 10GB. I deleted about 1.3 GB of content from
the VFS by creating a module, exporting it and the deleting it.

After that, the database size actually grew with about 1 GB. I deleted the
history for the deleted files from the administration view and still, the
database isn't getting any smaller.

Have you ever encountered such a situation? There has to be a solution,
otherwhise, the database will never get smaller as the content is dropped
from the website.

Thank you,

Chuck