[opencms-dev] Deleting resources and database size

Steve Bryan steve at bright-interactive.com
Tue May 26 10:09:43 CEST 2009

Hi

I found this problem myself - mysteriously the DB size does not shrink on
deletion even when the history settings are set to not keep deleted objects.
Perhaps the developers can comment?

One work around is to export all the content and modules into a new 'empty'
opencms installation. You'll lose all the version history but the size will
shrink. You could use the opportunity to upgrade to the latest version of
opencms at the same time.

If you have particularly large content items such as video, you could keep
this outside of opencms to reduce the db size (of course you'll lose the
content management for these items!). This is the downside of keeping all
content in the database.

Steve