[opencms-dev] Big problem with remove :8080/context/servlet with SSL

Deiverson Silveira deiverson at solutioncms.com
Thu May 28 18:04:12 CEST 2009

Hello List,

I am facing a very strange problem here, to remove: 8080/context/servlet/
with SSL.

I removed the <vfs-prefix></vfs-prefix> CONTEXT_NAME and SERVLET_NAME, and
configure for using secure in opencms-system.xml for SSL,
but if I try to access http://localhost/system/login, the system redirects
to https://localhost/system/login/index.html and 404 occur.
If I add https://localhost/context/servlet/system/login/index.html the
system displays the secure page to login, but it does not refer to
the meeting, it is strange that I removed the CONTEXT_NAME, and the
SERVLET_NAME file opencms-importexport.xml.

Why when configured to use https, he insists on searching (add) for
context/servlet and the page is loaded, which removed the
opencms-importexport.xml? From where he is reading this information?

My environment is:
Apache 2.2.11
JBoss 4.2.1
SQL Server 2003
Windows Server 2003
JDK 5

I followed the tutorial from Sebastian Himberg, and successfully managed to
remove: 8080/context/servlet /, but now I need implement SSL.

To implement the SSL 3 I follow these guidelines:

http://www.pomegranate.de:9000/cms/forum/viewthread?thread=11
http://opencms-forum.de/opencms-forum/viewthread?thread=1559
http://opencms-forum.de/opencms-forum/viewthread?thread=1888

I will describe now how are my files:
- File Httpd.conf:
Uncomment the following lines:

LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so
LoadModule proxy_balancer_module modules/mod_proxy_balancer.so
LoadModule proxy_connect_module modules/mod_proxy_connect.so
LoadModule proxy_ftp_module modules/mod_proxy_ftp.so
LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so
LoadModule ssl_module modules/mod_ssl.so

Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf

I do not uncomment, for that is that JBoss/OpenCms is responsible for
doing/managing a SSL connection:
#Include conf/extra/httpd-ssl.conf

- File httpd-vhosts.conf:
<VirtualHost *:80>

  ServerName localhost
  DocumentRoot c:\jboss-421\server\default\deploy\myproject.war

  <Proxy ajp://localhost:18009*>
     Allow from all
  </Proxy>

  ProxyPass /myproject/          ajp://localhost:8009/myproject/
  ProxyPassReverse /myproject/   ajp://localhost:8009/myproject/

  ProxyPass /          ajp://localhost:8009/myproject/opencms/
  ProxyPassReverse /   ajp://localhost:8009/myproject/opencms/

</VirtualHost>

- File opencms-importexport.xml
<vfs-prefix></vfs-prefix>
But if I go back to <vfs-prefix> $(CONTEXT_NAME)$(SERVLET_NAME)</
vfs-prefix> and try to get http://localhost/context/servlet/system/login
the system redirects to https://localhost/context/servlet/system/ login and
I can enter the environment via https, but I need to remove the
context and servlet

- File opencms-system.xml
    <sites>
      <workplace-server>https://localhost/</workplace-server>
      <default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>
      <site server="http://localhost/" uri="/sites/default/">
        <secure server="https://localhost/" exclusive="true" error="false"
/>
      </site>
    </sites>

I tried to do all this setup using the port 8443 and then 18443 (Changing in
server.xml)
If I change <workplace-server>https://localhost/</workplace-server> to http,
not use https, I can log normal http://localhost/system/login
but not via SSL.

- File server.xml (jboss-web.deployer/server.xml) to secure port:

<Connector port="443" protocol="HTTP/1.1" SSLEnabled="true"
               clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile="c:\mykey.keystore"
               keystorePass="test123456"
               />

    <Connector port="8009" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
protocol="AJP/1.3"
         emptySessionPath="true" enableLookups="false" redirectPort="443" />
      <Engine name="jboss.web" defaultHost="localhost">

    <Connector port="8090" address="${jboss.bind.address}"
         maxThreads="250" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
         emptySessionPath="true" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
         connectionTimeout="20000" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

It was in these places that I swapped the ports SSL.

If I make SSL configuration and remove the context/servlet in
opencms-importexport.xml the site works, I surf, but the login page
does not work, gives the 404 error and redirect to
https://localhost/system/login/index.html, but if I try
https://localhost/context/servlet/system/login,
the page is rendered, but can not login, when you run submit, the 404, the
putting context/servlet when I try to make a secure connection?

I tried another scenario, keep the $CONTEXT_NAME and SERVLET_NAME the VFS
(opencms-importexport.xml) then does the secure connection, the login,
OK, WORK ALL, but get https://localhost/context/servlet/system/login ...
dont work remove context/servlet with SSL

Someone already faced this kind of difficulty or see any solution?

Forgive me the great email, but I do not know who to rely more

King Regards,

Deiverson Silveira
Developer OpenCms Brazilian