[opencms-dev] 7.0.5 while importing:Exceptionjava.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java

Christoph P. Kukulies kuku at physik.rwth-aachen.de
Fri May 29 16:46:17 CEST 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 12:51:18PM +0200, Carl Alex Friis Nielsen wrote:
> > I helped myself already partially by using this method for .jsp-files
> > but for structured contents it doesn't seem to work, does it?

Something in your description doesn't work:

> Are you using upload ?
>
> That's not what I meant.
>
> 1. generate the export zip as usual using Administration View > Database
> Management > Export Database

I unpacked my .ZIP file into

c:Programme\Apache_Group\Tomcat_6.0\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\packages
and there is a directory sites now in there.

When I open the Administration View -> Database Management -> Import File from Server

I'm getting a listbox where the sites directory is *not* listed. I also
cannot enter a file or directory name there.

When I assume you meant Import File via HTTP and point to the file and
try to import it, I'm getting:

Exception org.opencms.importexport.CmsImportExportException: File
"manifest.xml" was not found.

There is only one manifest.xml ini the directory where the sites
directory is located.

> 2. copy the file as usual to the packages folder (RFS) on the target cms
> instance
> 3. unzip the zip file
> 4. open Administration View > Database Management > Import File from
> Server
> 5. In "select file" you can select the folder the file was unzipped to -
> do that

As described above, this doesn't seem to work.