[opencms-dev] 7.0.5 while importing:Exceptionjava.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java

Carl Alex Friis Nielsen cfn at kb.dk
Fri May 29 12:51:18 CEST 2009

Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies (at) rwth-aachen.de wrote

> On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 11:28:33AM +0200, Carl Alex Friis Nielsen
wrote:
> > You could try to unzip the file and attempt to import the
(unzipped)results.

> > IIRC that resolved a similar issue for us (zip file being too large
to unzip in memory)

> Thanks to let me know that I'm not alone :-)
> I helped myself already partially by using this method for .jsp-files
> but for structured contents it doesn't seem to work, does it?

Are you using upload ?

That's not what I meant.

1. generate the export zip as usual using Administration View > Database
Management > Export Database
2. copy the file as usual to the packages folder (RFS) on the target cms
instance
3. unzip the zip file
4. open Administration View > Database Management > Import File from
Server
5. In "select file" you can select the folder the file was unzipped to -
do that
6. press ok, and everything should be imported just as if you had
selected the zip file.

Cheers,

Carl