[opencms-dev] OpenCms 8

Jakub Zemánek jakub.zemanek at qbizm.cz
Fri Jun 12 13:27:50 CEST 2009

Hi Georgi,

I was wondering about the workflow engine and javascripting. However am
not even sure how exactly would this work, and if I could use it.

The problem is in short that the client wants a "dynamic" form - imagine
an article which can have 1 or more authors (e-mail, name, surname,...).
You want to register the article on the server via the form, but it
can't have prepared fields for 20 potencial authors, because it would
look disgusting. I see 2 ways:

1) Buton "+" and javascript/ajax which dynamically adds field (or
ideally set of fields) for the next author into the form on users wish.
In short this is something like a special type "extensible textbox" next
to standard textbox, radiobutton, checkbox,... You need to add it into
the generation of HTML code, engine processing the data from the form,
database model, XML schema and of course the editor for creation of the
form. A lot of work :(

2) A page-flow of several forms: You enter the first author and click a
button to either add another author or continue with the rest of the
form and another page (with the next part of the form) uploads. You need
to add into OpenCms a way to link the forms in the page-flow and link
the data of each form together in the database. A little less work than 1).

If it is not straightforward what I mean, please let me know and I can
be more detailed.

So I am looking for the right mixture to realize client's wish, save his
money, reuse community work (if it exists), stay compatible with the
future releases and possibly contribute to OpenCms development.

Jakub

| Hello Jakub
|
| which features of OpenCms 8 do you plan to use in your project?
|
| Best regards
| Georgi
|
| ? wrote:
| >/ Hello
/| >/
/| >/ I am wondering about the status of OpenCms v. 8. We are currently about
/| >/ to develop functionalities for our client and v.8 planned features look
/| >/ useful for it. It would be good for us to re-use community-work so far
/| >/ (if any) and contribute to it with our work. Is v.8 a plan only or has
/| >/ anything been done so far?
/| >/
/| >/ Thanks
/| >/ /

--
Jakub Zemánek                               Qbizm technologies, a.s.
mobil: +420 723 376 980                  ... the art of information.
e-mail: jakub.zemanek at qbizm.cz