[opencms-dev] Probleme when editing an OpenCmsString with HtmlWidget defined

Eska sven.kiesow at interone.de
Tue Jun 23 14:59:25 CEST 2009

Hi Achim,

as far as I was browsing through the Source of OpenCms 7.0.5 I found, that
the Widgets are
stored inside a HashMap with the key being the
I_CmsXmlContentValue.getName().

I have one "TextField" as an OpenCmsString in example1.xsd (HtmlWidget as
layout) and
another "TextField" but nested in an example2.xsd.

If the m_elementsWidget of the CmsDefaultXmlContentHandler is reused
somehow,
it might be the case that the DefaultWidget might be returned, since somehow
there
might be a null value stored for the "TextField" due the returnvalue for a
nested context.

Could you tell me under which circumstances that caching might invoke the
handling I
get? When I am changing between editing content of example1.xsd or
example2.xsd,
the TextField always gets the correct Widget.

Thanks

Eska

Hi Eska,

that method returns a different widget for a different value ;-).

But if you are talking about different widgets returned for the same
value...

It could be that you have copied an XSD from one resource type to create
another one and forgot to rename all the outer names ending up with same
- looking XML. There is some caching (for layouts, mappings,...)
depending on the XML names.

Kind Regards,
Achim.