[opencms-dev] spring mvc / opencms integration

Mathias Lin | SYSVISION mail at mathiaslin.com
Fri Jun 26 18:58:11 CEST 2009

In recent projects we have used the Spring MVC integrated into OpenCms. This
topic is not new to the OpenCms community, as it has already been covered a
little in the OpenCms wiki and also Bearingpoint provides an open source
submodule in their Commons-Project at Sourceforge.

Nevertheless, we make our small 'getting-started' project available now -
it's aimed for developers who want to integrate Spring & Hibernate into
OpenCms for the first time and would like to have a ready-to-go starting
point/project setup.
The project includes Eclipse and NetBeans project files as well as the ant
build file.
We used it for OpenCms7.0.5 and OpenCms7.5. With these OpenCms versions, the
versions of the depending lib files used by Spring and OpenCms should not
conflict. (We didn't use it with OpenCms6 yet).

SVN:
http://svn.sysvision.net:9027/svn/com.sysvision.opencms.spring/
User: anon, Password: anon

or download as zip from:
http://www.sysvision.de/en/expertise/cms/solutions/opencms_spring_integration.html

The project contains a Readme.pdf how to use it. We hope it's useful to
someone and are open for any comments, suggestions and improvements.

(A note regarding Hibernate: we don't use the OpenSessionInViewPattern
(OSIV), so you won't find it in the project. If you want/need it, you will
find infos about it in the opencms-wiki.org)

Mathias

-----
Mathias Lin
SYSVISION Ltd., China