[opencms-dev] "commercial open source license" (Re: comundusconnects jBPM workflow engine with OpenCms)

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Tue Jul 7 11:51:53 CEST 2009

Dear Carl, Dear Andreas
>> to also require things like “freeware” etc.
>>

> I am sorry but I do not understand what you mean by that. Maybe you can
> name those OSI criteria which you object to.

I would also be interested in this.

I have previously heard the objection that some open source licenses
conflict with people's moral rights. In law there are also certain
rights that cannot be given away even by contract, but I don't know
where common open source licenses would violate these rights (I am not a
Lawyer, though).

I would be very interested in a link that explains which moral rights
exactly are violated by which terms of one of the more common licenses
but are not violated by, for example licensing a piece of software in a
commercial fashion for others to build on, because I am trying to better
understand this objection.

Thanks and Regards
Christian