[opencms-dev] Bloated database. How to delete rows fromcms_contents table?

Isaac R. Higgins isaac.higgins at isaacray.com
Fri Jul 10 09:36:38 CEST 2009

see this thread:

http://lists.opencms.org/pipermail/opencms-dev/2009q2/032067.html

From: opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org
[mailto:opencms-dev-bounces at opencms.org] On Behalf Of Laurent Gauthier
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2009 7:57 PM
To: opencms-dev at opencms.org
Subject: [opencms-dev] Bloated database. How to delete rows
fromcms_contents table?

We use OpenCMS to store many large PDF files and we have been exporting
and importing content from one database to another.

Problem is, the database size is growing at an alarming rate and taking
up a whole lot of space.  From what we can see, the "cms_contents" table
appears to be the main culprit.

Is there a way to get rid of old versions of documents  in the
cms_contents table?

We tried using the cmsshell command:

deleteBackups n

But this did not appear to have any effect. Should we go ahead and
delete records directly in the database (sounds scary).

Help of any kind appreciated.

Laurent