[opencms-dev] Problems finding the lib-directory

Frank Pertack fpertack at vater-gruppe.de
Tue Jul 14 09:48:31 CEST 2009

Hello mailing-list,

I have a strange problem with OpenCms finding the jars in the
lib-directory.
First of all, I have a windows-based development-server on which everything
runs fine: If I put a new jar-file into the directory
"C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat-eclipse\webapps\opencms\WEB-INF\lib"
everything works fine (which means the classes in the imports of the jsp's
work).

On the openSuse Linux 11.1 production-server on the other hand OpenCms
doesn't seem to find the added jars in that directory
"/srv/tomcat6/webapps/opencms/WEB-INF/lib"
I get arrors like "Only a type can be imported. x.y.MyClass resolves to a
package ". These java-errors vanish when I manually copy the respective
class-files into the class directory of the module.
But I prefer to have the jars centrally in the opencms-lib directory, since
several modules use these libraries.

Does anybody have an idea, in which config-file I have to change something
to make this work?

Thank you in advance

Frank

Frank Pertack

Vater Solution GmbH
Liebigstraße 26
24145 Kiel

Telefon: +49 431 20084-210
Telefax: +49 431 20084-222
Mobil: +49 151 16353519
mailto: fpertack at vater-gruppe.de
http://www.vater-gruppe.de

Amtsgericht Kiel, HRB 6403
Geschäftsführer:
Klaus-Hinrich Vater
Michael Wiese
-----
Diese Email enthält ggfs. vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschützte
Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese Email
vernichten Sie diese Email. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte
Weitergabe dieser Email sind nicht gestattet.