[opencms-dev] Opencms / temporary file don't want to delete

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Tue Jul 21 11:06:17 CEST 2009

Hi Géna,

a long time since I worked with 5.0.1.

deep back in my mind I can remember a workaround.

1.       Check, if the corresponding file (without the ~ (Tilde) symbol exists. If so...

a.       Make a backup of that file

b.      Edit the original file with the internal OpenCms editor. Save and exit.

c.       If you are lucky, the temporary file now disappeared.

2.       If the corresponding file does not exist...

a.       Create a file in the directory where your temporary file lies. Give it the same name but without the ~ (Tilde) symbol in front of it.

b.      Edit the newly created file with the internal OpenCms editor. Save and exit.

c.       If you are lucky, the temporary file now disappeared.

If all that does not help you can try to rename the file and delete it afterwards.

A last thing is, check if the file belongs to your current project. If not, create a new project (be sure to include the temporary file as a project resource). Switch to the newly created project and again try to delete the file.

Hope this helps.

Best regards

Kai

Kai Schliemann

Senior IT-Berater

comundus GmbH

Schüttelgrabenring 3, D-71332 Waiblingen

Telefon +49 7151-50028-0

E-Mail k.schliemann at comundus.com <mailto:g.maas at comundus.com>

Internet www.comundus.com <http://www.comundus.com/>

Geschäftsführer Klaus Hillemeier

Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 264290

comundus ist ein Unternehmen der IT EXCELLENCE Group