[opencms-dev] annoying problem

Tim Daschner timd at thedoleco.com
Tue Jul 21 16:43:33 CEST 2009

Hello People,

Recently, we moved our opencms dev instance from a local-only setup to an
internet setup so dev and producers can access it remotely. since then, we
have seen a wird annoying problem that forces us to close the browser admin
interface and open the admin interface again. What happens is : developers
use the "synchronize folder" feature and after that process completes they
get a choice of two buttons; 1. ok 2. details.If they hit OK here, the
browser shows a page canot be displayed error. on closer inspection we found
out that the url in the browser changes from /system/workplace/........ to
/opencms/system/workplace/..... We have opencms setup with apache httpd and
tomcat to allow us to not use the context name and app name in the address
bar on the browser. so, this url with the opencms in it fails to redirect
correctly at apache httpd. this never happened before and does not happen
with any other feature of opencms. it is consistently the problem with the
synchronize folder feature.

What did we miss? is anyone else seeing this ? is it a bug?

We are using opencms 7.5.

Thank you ladies and gents

Best,
Tim