[opencms-dev] programatically determine which locale is currently being edited

Marc.Schlegel my.mailing.lists at gmx.de
Tue Jul 21 22:16:14 CEST 2009

Hello Everyone

After solving my problem with the CustomSelectWidget (the one from the
OpenCms 7 book), there is one more tiny (but important) detail that I
need to solve.

First I have to thank Paul for helping me previously and he whas
actually also the one phrasing this question.

The point is, how can we get the correct Locale that is currently being
edited in a structured content editor. As some of you might remember,
the CustomWidget in the book is reading the possible values from another
structured content. This one of course can have several languages as
well. So when I switch the language in the editor that uses this
CustomWidget, the widget should change its contents to the corresponding
language as well.

So, as the subject says: how to programatically determine which locale
is currently being edited? And how to refresh the widget when the editor
changes the language?

Thanks in advance
Marc