[opencms-dev] FCKEditor: 64 KB limitation of Page-Source and bad HTML-Code export!

contact contact at living-structures.de
Thu Jul 23 23:31:24 CEST 2009

(sorry for posting this again, but the layout of the first email
was corrupted and close to unreadable)

Hi,

i'm working with OpenCMS Version 6.2.2 and i get unexpected
layout-results when i try to copy&paste content from word to the
fckeditor (version 1.2.1, as far as i can see).

To solve this, i wrote a PHP-Scripte to reformat the (by fckeditor)
generated HTML-Code and then i paste this 'clean code' back into
the editor (source view). The result is: the size of the HTML-Code
is decreased by over 60 percent and therefore the speed of the all-
over page-access increased. (if someone is interested in the PHP-
Code just leave me a note and i'll post it here)

If the size of the oroginal HTML-Code is over 64 KB the editor
closed unexpected for example or it takes minutes until he load or
save a file/page. I'm wondering about this 64 KB limitation and how
bad the word-content is format into HTML and i would like to up-
date something, to get better results.

Should i update only the fckeditor (if possible) - or the whole system
to version 7.x ?

regards,
andrew