[opencms-dev] OAMP Webform with Oracle

Henrik F. Gøtzsche hfg at kb.dk
Wed Jul 29 14:46:43 CEST 2009

We are currently testing the QAMP survey and comments modules, both
of which require the webform module.

However, when installing the webform module on our test platform
with Oracle db the two tables CMS_WEBFORM_DATA AND CMS_WEBFORM_ENTRIES
are not created in the database. Not even after restart of Tomcat.

On a test installation using MySql 5.1 they are created without any
problems.

Setup:
OpenCms 7.0.5
OAMP Webform Module 1.3.1
Oracle db. 10.1.0.5

A few lines from the stack trace:

java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis
at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:102)
at com.alkacon.opencms.formgenerator.database.CmsFormDataAccess.createDBTables(CmsFormDataAccess.java:736)
at com.alkacon.opencms.formgenerator.database.CmsFormDataAccess.ensureDBTablesExistance(CmsFormDataAccess.java:285)

We believe to have traced the problem to the m_db.equals(DB_ORACLE)
method in com.alkacon.opencms.formgenerator.database.CmsFormDataAccess,
lines 727 and 740, which seems to return false resulting in the
SQL create statements from generic.properties being used instead of
those from oracle.properties.

Is this a known problem or does anybody know of a workaround ?

Best regards
Henrik

---
Henrik F. Gøtzsche