[opencms-dev] Open editing setup inside intranet, wiki-alike

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Sat Aug 1 02:07:13 CEST 2009

Hello,

For one of our customers, someone suggested me to set up a wiki as
internal documentation site, think knowledgebase...

We have OpenCms already up and running for the public website of this
customer.

Although I have nothing against Wikis, and like e.g. Mediawiki, and have
already used it as a knowledgebase somewhere else, I would prefer to use
OpenCms for this task here as well.

Do you think it is possible? And does it make sense?

I was thinking to set up another site inside OpenCms, which would only
be accessible from the internal network.

Anyone should be able to edit existing pages and add new pages without
using the admin interface...

Pages should also be categorized probably. Maybe the DocCenter-module
could also be useful.

The search function would also be very important, but OpenCms handles
that very well already.

Does anyone have experience using OpenCms in such a way?

Best regards,
Yves