[opencms-dev] Open editing setup inside intranet, wiki-alike

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Sat Aug 1 13:20:30 CEST 2009

Hi Yves,
hello together,

that's a very good idea, I did exactly that for software developers,
unix administrators and product managers of a company for which I worked
about 5 years ago (we began with OpenCms 5.3  and had OpenCms 6.0 at the
end for Web 2.0 like social networking ;-)) We integrated also mvnForum
as a discussion board for the OpenCms Wiki (we had an additional forum
for product managers and the whole thing was integrated somehow with
Mantisbt for issue tracking and for change requests and wish lists ;-))
. As I know they are still using it successfully today, and we had also
a look on the first version of Alkacon's DocCenter (it was named
documents at that time and was in production for Erzbistum in Cologne I
think ;-)).
Today it would be also a good idea to integrate the comment module for
Wiki articles for possible discussion topics and provide a categorized
search interface. In addition it would be also a good idea to have a
notification mechanism upon updating a wiki page, so that a group or a
single knowledge worker could get notified via email about the update of
the wiki page (see: Howto configure the setting for sending approval
request (Simple Workflow
<http://www.pomegranate.de:9000/cms/forum/viewthread?thread=144#325>) )
and if you would like have a look on this vision OpenCms Air
<http://www.pomegranate.de/en/OpenSource/air.html>too ;-)
By the way I'm working also on OpenCms <-> Zimbra <-> Alfresco
integration and have a running demo system with these 3 great open
source platforms which will be available as a demo for all you dearest
OC- World friends!

Have a nice weekend together,
Best, Arash