[opencms-dev] access to CmsObject

mvarshavsky mvarshavsky at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 19:24:16 CEST 2009

HernĂ¡n Leoni wrote:

> Thanks Mathias, I'm adding a request filter to obtain the cms object, I
> hope to be able to contribute it to opencms.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hernan

I'm completely new to OpenCMS coming from a more traditional application
development side of things. Right now I'm leaning towards using Spring so
I'd like to have a reference to CmsObject in appcontext for my controllers
to have access to. When you talk about "request filter", is that a servlet
filter, and if so - what exactly does it do? Does it look like you'll be
able to contribute this like you've hoped?

Thanks a lot!