[opencms-dev] OpenCms and AdBlockPlus for Mozilla Firefox

Дмитрий Журавлев juravlev at lmsh.edu.ru
Tue Aug 11 01:27:48 CEST 2009

Good day.

Several days ago I tried to install OpenCms 7.5
Everything went good, but when I opened workplace I couldn't see top row
buttons (Project drop-down menu, Publish, Queue, Site drop-down menu and
so on) -- only a bare filelist without any chance to administrate
projects.
After three days of crazy fighting with OpenCms, MySql, Postgresql,
reading forums and searching for non-existing bugs in logs I found out
that the problem was in AdBlock setup.

So I whitelisted localhost -- and everything got allright.
Now I can see top row buttons, and I've got a full working workplace!

Thus my proposal is to add an official warning about AdBlock (and --
maybe -- other ad-filters in Mozilla Firefox and other browsers) to the
installation tips or requirements list on OpenCms.org.
This might be quite helpful.

Thank you.

Mitya