[opencms-dev] OpenCms alters image URI, adding multiple /sites/default

Paul-Inge Flakstad flakstad at npolar.no
Fri Aug 28 16:31:44 CEST 2009

Hi all

I've bumped into this one a couple of times before, but now I can't remember how to fix it (summer vacations just strips those things away clean :). Couldn't find anything useful when googling either...

When an image is added directly into the textarea in an xmlcontent file, the image URI is altered whenever I save the file.

For each save, OpenCms consequently adds 3 times "/sites/default" to the beginning of the URI. The original URI "/images/Sunset.jpg" becomes "/sites/default/sites/default/sites/default/images/Sunset.jpg" after 1 save, "/sites/default/sites/default/sites/default/sites/default/sites/default/sites/default/images/Sunset.jpg" after 2 saves, and so on...

If anyone can remember how to resolve this issue, please let me know.

Setup info:
* OpenCms 7.0.4
* Apache
* Tomcat
* using mod_proxy as suggested by Sebastian Himberger: http://tinyurl.com/mdtedg

My sites section from opencms-system.xml:
<sites>
  <workplace-server>http://local.opencms</workplace-server>
  <default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>
  <site server="http://local.opencms.devel" uri="/sites/devel/"/>
</sites>

My rfs/vfs settings form opencms-importexport.xml:
<rfs-prefix>${CONTEXT_NAME}/export</rfs-prefix
<vfs-prefix></vfs-prefix>

My VirtualHost section from httpd.conf:
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
  ServerName local.opencms
  ServerAlias local.opencms.devel
  DocumentRoot "C:/ApacheTomcat/Tomcat5.5/webapps/opencms/"

  <Proxy ajp://localhost:8009/*>
     Allow from all
  </Proxy>

  ProxyPass         /opencms/   ajp://localhost:8009/opencms/
  ProxyPassReverse  /opencms/   ajp://localhost:8009/opencms/

  ProxyPass         /           ajp://localhost:8009/opencms/opencms/
  ProxyPassReverse  /           ajp://localhost:8009/opencms/opencms/
</VirtualHost>

My relevant connector in server.xml:
<Connector port="8009" emptySessionPath="true" protocol="AJP/1.3" />