[opencms-dev] Lucene / ulimit / too many open files

Andrea Puddu docpuddu at tiscali.it
Wed Sep 23 16:55:07 CEST 2009

Hi Roman,
we use OpenCms as a producer of static pages. So we keep it on a private
network, with no access from public internet.
So I guess there's no DoS risks... thanks anyway.

BTW another problem regarding Lucene and indexing tasks is related to
Timeout while indexing after the publish phase.

"Timeout while indexing file /sites/mysite/canali/donna/index.html,
abandoning thread"

It occurs randomly on different resources but not so often... have
experienced anything similar? Any suggestion/idea to share?

Thanks,
Andrea

Andrea Puddu
docpuddu at tiscali dot it