[opencms-dev] Lucene / ulimit / too many open files

Roman Uhlig Maxity.de roman.uhlig at maxity.de
Wed Sep 23 18:13:50 CEST 2009

Hi Andrea,

I've never seen such a error message. A grep over our OpenCms log files of the last 30 days didn't show anything like this either.

Maybe it's connected to the background publishing introduced with OpenCms 7. We already had several issues with it, tho nothing too serious. The most notable for us is OpenCms keeping resources locked when you log out in the process of background publishing. It publishes all resources but keeps the ones locked that where not yet published at the time of logging out.

Roman