[opencms-dev] Adding checksums to OpenCms 8

Andreas Kuckartz A.Kuckartz at ping.de
Tue Sep 29 21:42:18 CEST 2009

> Eventually it would be nice to have the checksum available in
> the CmsFile objects but I don't think this an requirement for a first
> step.

I think such data integrity mechanisms should be confined to the lowest levels and not be part of the CmsFile-API.

An implementation of the CmsVfsDriver for JCR for example likely would not have access to checksums and it might not make sense to add them in the form of additional nodes or properties (maybe data integrity mechanisms are in place at a lower level). Also some databases implement sophisticated data integrity mechanisms already.

Cheers,
Andreas