[opencms-dev] Pattern page / CmsLayoutPageBean

Roman Uhlig Maxity.de roman.uhlig at maxity.de
Wed Sep 30 16:58:51 CEST 2009

We currently looking for a way to create a structured editable standard
page (i.e. as index.html). While searching for features of OpenCms that
may help us doing this we stumbled upon the option "pattern page" inside
the new resource dialog. While this seems to be exactly what we are
looking for, we couldn't track it down.

When calling this pattern page, it throws an error (Error reading
resource from path
"/system/modules/org.opencms.welcome/templates/welcome"). We have a
standard OpenCms 7.5.0 installation.
Searching the code, we found
"/system/modules/org.opencms.frontend.layoutpage/pages/detail-layoutpage
.html", which uses a CmsLayoutPageBean class, which is not documented in
the Javadoc.

Is there any way to use this pattern page approach and customize it for
own web applications?

Thank you in advance for any hints on this topic.

Best regards,
Roman