[opencms-dev] OpenCms 7.x: WebDAV - no overwriting of files possible - just for confirmation

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Mon Oct 26 19:18:08 CET 2009

Hi Kai,

greetings, hope you are doing well!

I had similar problems with OpenCms and WebDAV, tried also NetDrive, it
didn't work as it should too.
Alfresco implements an interface to CIFS and it would be also nice to
see someday that OpenCms could support the CIFS interface too (based on
JCR, CMIS).
Near Alfresco I had also a look on Nuxeo and KnowledgeTree
(unfortunately PHP based) and Day CQ5 (unfortunately closed source), at
the end I went with Alfresco for my own use, loosely coupled with
OpenCms and have to say that I'm very lucky with it. One idea could be
to integrate Alfresco and OpenCms and plug Alfresco into OpenCms (there
was some attempts from a Spanish guy on SourceForge to mount Alfresco
spaces into OpenCms as I remember). It would be surely use case
dependent, in some cases as I see in the prax many companies are going
with MS SharePoint, EMC documentum and are implementing the integration
with OpenCms and other WCM's. My opinion is to let OpenCms as the best
Java based WCMS and use other DMSystems for DM needs ;-)

Kind Regards,
Arash