[opencms-dev] Export/Import site while keeping the 'unpublished' flags

Arash Kaffamanesh arash.kaffamanesh at pomegranate.de
Thu Nov 19 23:19:08 CET 2009

Hi Mathias,
hello Michael,
hello together,

after migration from OpenCms 6.x to OpenCms 7.x version, almost always
through the upgrade package or from a new installation with export /
import approach, in most cases I had to run the "Repair XML Contents"
from content tools in administration interface, since some schema
definitions was changed / extended to provide support for content
relation and after the repair action all files will get touched, the
control code is rewritten with strong and week tags and the relations
will get stored in the relation tables, also their size and time stamp
(last modified date by admin :-)) will change, which requires a full
publish of the offline project! The reason why someone has to use the
rapair xml contents tool in such a case is that unless you can't get any
benefit from the relation engine!

So I think we would need a repair tool which repairs the content without
changing the state of the files, or does anybody know about any other
solution or a tool? ;-)

Best,
Arash