[opencms-dev] Error downloading source from repository

Mads Nielsen post at madsnielsen.dk
Thu Nov 26 21:51:34 CET 2009

I'm trying to check out the source for OpenCMS 7.5.1 from the CVS Repository
into Eclipse

I'm using the connection string :pserver:anon at cvs.opencms.org:/usr/local/cvs
as listed on opencms.org. However, I get this error:

"Error fetching resource list from repository.

Reason:

could not connect to:pserver:anon at cvs.opencms.org:/usr/local/cvs: I/O
exception occurred: No response from server"

I'm using Eclipse 3.4.2

However - if I keep refreshing, 1/10 times (or so), it successfully
connects, and I can browse the folders on the repository. Suddenly, it stops
working again. I have not yet been so lucky, that it successfully connected,
when trying to check out, so I still haven't got the source.

Has anyone else experienced problems with the repository? Or with that
version of Eclipse? I'm not having any other internet connection issues on
my machine, meaning everything else is running normally.

Mads