[opencms-dev] problems with the Syndication feed module of Alkacon

David Caparros david at disiei.net
Wed Dec 2 14:00:56 CET 2009

Hi,

i have two problems with the Syndication feed module of Alkacon. I would be
grateful if someone could answer, please!

1.- Module version that exists in Alkacon web for download (
http://www.alkacon.com/en/modules/downloads/alkacon_oamp_feeder_1.0.0.html)
is version 1.0, but OpenCms CVS repository version is 2.0. *What are the
differences between version 1.0 and 2.0??? Is version 2.0 under
development??? Why Alkacon only offers version 1.0? * I have generated and
installed version 2.0 from the source and I found differences between the
feeds generated with one version and another...

2.- Alkacon feed module supports many feed types, such as Atom 1.0 or RSS
2.0. Specifically, I have problems with Atom 1.0 feeds (RSS 2.0 type is OK)
because are generated with syntactic errors. For syntactic validation I use
the W3C validator with my FEED (
http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http://cmsproves.upf.edu/cmsUPF/enoticies/en/atomFeed.html)<http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http://cmsproves.upf.edu/cmsUPF/enoticies/en/atomFeed.html%29>.
*Anyone had same problems or another syntactic problems with the Atom 1.0
type??? Is correct the Alkacon implementation of this feed type???*

Thank you very much!

--
DiSiEi és David Caparrós
www.DiSiEi.net