[opencms-dev] Queue time is getting longer

Lorenzo Sala troubador at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 14:10:02 CET 2009

Hi everyone,
                it's 4 months now that we have implemented OpenCMS in our
web sites and we've been creating new Projects since then. We are getting
worried about two major problems now:

1) All the projects use the same queue to publish, so if many users sends a
request to publish a document while working on different projects the queue
tends to get really long.

2) The time to processa each single publishing request is getting longer, it
was 5 minutes and now it's 13 minutes.

Is there a way to better distribute or make faster the publishing queue? The
publishing time of a single request doesn't change if you asked to publish 1
or 500 files, now they all take 13 minutes, meaning that if 5 people sent a
publishing request the last one will have to wait about 1 hour to see it
published.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Lo'