[opencms-dev] Development environment setup

Giuseppe Sorce sorce at eng.it
Thu Dec 3 15:54:51 CET 2009

Hi Roman,
you can take a look at ETICS system: http://www.eticsproject.eu
In particular, this link might be useful to understand a little more how it
works: http://etics.web.cern.ch/etics/training/tutorials/index.htm

ETICS gives a comprehensive support for the automation of execution of
build, test and quality verification activities.

It has been developed, with EU co-funding, baring in mind the  complexity of
many software development environments today (multi-language, large
development teams, quality standards to be matched etc.).
It is offered as a service free of charge (for now...) and comes with a
distributed environment (grid based) which supports the synchronization of
developers and the management of complex software projects. It also offers a
set of software quality metrics to browse through to check and report on the
advances of the project.
It offers the possibility to build the software produced, test it and check
its quality keeping all the team (or part of it, if it is required)
synchronized during the whole process.

At the moment its users are mainly research projects, but the ETICS team is
further promoting their tool in the view of its wider adoption by software
development teams.
This is the contact person I was in touch with if you would like more
information: Isabel.matranga[at]eng.it

Hope this helps!
Giuseppe

Giuseppe Sorce
Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
Direzione Centrale Ricerca e Innovazione
V.le Regione Siciliana Nord-Ovest, 7275
90146 - Palermo
Phone: +39 091 7511723
Fax  : +39 091 7511720