[opencms-dev] Queue time is getting longer

Christian Steinert christian_steinert at web.de
Thu Dec 3 23:10:31 CET 2009

Lorenzo Sala wrote:
> Ciao Achim,
>                may be I found the real problem that will solve most of our
> long waits. There is only 1 project that is exporting only the modified
> files and it takes about 1 second to export them. This project is the only
> one that has a <export-rule> configuration in the opencms-importexport.xml.
> All the other projects doesn't appear in this file at all. Could this be
> what causes CMS to republish ALL the files of all the projects when we do an
> export?

Yes - exactly. If there is a fitting export-rule for your published
file, then opencms will only export those files that are covered by this
rule. If there is no such rule, then /all/ exportable resources will be
re-exported.

So if you define separate export rules for each of your projects, then
publishing will only cause the project-specific resources to be exported.

> I'm setting up some <export-rule> for the rest of the projects and tomorrow
> we'll see if that worked.

This will definitely work.

Kind regards
Christian