[opencms-dev] OpenCms 7.5.1+: more granular permission system

Schliemann, Kai K.Schliemann at comundus.com
Mon Dec 7 12:18:16 CET 2009

Dear list,

By now OpenCms just gives us the possibility to set the permission to "write" which means a user can create, edit and delete a resource.

One of our customers wants OpenCms to have a more granular permission system.

They want to split up the "write" permission into "create", "edit" and "delete" permissions.

As we are most likely going to implement this into OpenCms, we are interested if

1.       this is a feature which would be an enhancement for all OpenCms users and therefore should be part of a future release?

2.       anyone else thought about implementing it and wants to share her / his experience?

3.       anyone could think of other enhancements for the OpenCms permission system?

4.       Alkacon has plans to change the permission system in this or another  direction?

Looking forward to interesting responses.

Best regards

Kai Schliemann

Senior IT-Berater

comundus GmbH

Schüttelgrabenring 3, D-71332 Waiblingen

Telefon +49 7151-50028-0

E-Mail k.schliemann at comundus.com <mailto:g.maas at comundus.com>

Internet www.comundus.com <http://www.comundus.com/>

Geschäftsführer Klaus Hillemeier

Amtsgericht Stuttgart, HRB 264290

comundus ist ein Unternehmen der IT EXCELLENCE Group

Die Kundenzufriedenheit bei comundus wieder verbessert -
Durchschnittsnote jetzt 1,7.