[opencms-dev] installation of openCMS with database on external server

Jessica Maas yukarichan87 at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 21 14:32:27 CET 2009

Hi everyone,

I tried to install OpenCMS and when I do everything local it works without
any problems. But if I try to install the database on another server I can
not get a connection to it:
"    *  Your database is down, or
    * Your database is not accessible with the given connection parameters."

I've got several servers:
application-server 1  --> 192.168.0.10 <-- this is where I currently try to
install OpenCMS
application-server 2  --> 192.168.0.20
running as windows-loadbalancing-cluster with the virtual IP 192.168.0.1

database-server   1  --> 192.168.0.30 <-- this is where the database should
go to
database-server   2  --> 192.168.0.40
running as windows-loadbalancing-cluster with the virtual IP 192.168.0.2

Later OpenCMS will be running on both application-servers and the database
will be copied to both database-servers, but for testing I wanted to
simplify it.
It doesn't work if I try the following connection-string: jdbc:mysql://
192.168.0.2:3306/
and it doesn't work either if I try the direct address to the db-server:
jdbc:mysql://192.168.0.40:3306/

I hope someone can help me out with this problem, because I've got no more
ideas what to try.

Thanks in advance,
Jessica