[opencms-dev] META tags and multiple servers

Michael Emmerich emmerich at german-navy.de
Wed Dec 30 07:48:44 CET 2009

Hi,

> I'm evaluating OpenCMS and I have a couple questions.
>
> 1. How do I set meta description and meta keywords on a per page basis?

You can define descriptions and keywords as properties on each content file.
In you template, you can then insert them into the <head> part of your
HTML by using the <cms:property> tag to read those values set to your
content pages.

> 2. What's the best way to set up multiple sites on a single server.
>
> I use named-based virtual hosts on apache. Should I put multiple copies of
> opencms.war under different names inside tomcat/webapps and map requests
> to with mod_jk?
>
> www.hostone.com => /hostone
> www.hosttwo.com => /hosttwo

You can run multiple websites in one OpenCms installation. Take a look
at the Alkacon documentation modules which are delivered with OpenCms.
One of them (Multisite-HowTo) tells all the required steps, how to run
multiple sites with one OpenCms.

Or check the OpenCms Wiki:

http://www.opencms-wiki.org/MultiSite_configuration_instructions
http://www.opencms-wiki.org/MultiSite_configuration_instructions_%28apache_%2B_mod_jk%29