[opencms-dev] first install tomcat error

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Fri Jan 8 10:10:32 CET 2010

Seems like an ok setup. I haven't tried exactly that combo (since on my
9.10 setup I've not installed tomcat 6 from the repository but rather
from Tomcat's own packages), but usually the packages in the repos
works. Maybe you want to make sure that the /etc/init.d/tomcat script
actually uses the default java and some other variant.

regards
Claus

Reinhard Vielhaber wrote:
> Hi Arash,
>
>> Which tomcat version on which OS and with which Java Version are you using to install which OpenCms Version?
>
> sorry - of course I should have added this information directly:
>
> OS: Ubuntu Linux 9.10
>
> $ java -version
> java version "1.6.0_16"
> Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 14.2-b01, mixed mode)
>
> /usr/share/tomcat6/bin$ ./version.sh
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/share/tomcat6
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/share/tomcat6
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/share/tomcat6/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:       /usr
> Server version: Apache Tomcat/6.0.20
> Server built:   Oct 26 2009 07:20:05
> Server number:  6.0.0.0