[opencms-dev] multisite: wrong effects on correct settings 2

jacek grzebyta (RRes-Roth) jacek.grzebyta at bbsrc.ac.uk
Mon Jan 11 16:10:13 CET 2010

Hi Paul,

Thanks a lot. I tried today whole day. And now I have really nothing.

http://main_1.domain/opencms/opencms/

shows me OpenCms welcome page.

http://main.domain/ shows me another stuff.

So Apache's doing what should do it looks the problem is at OpenCms because:

http://main_1.domain:8080/ shows me opencms welcome with the navy-blue background;
http://main.domain:8080 shows normal opencms welcome

my 'sites' is now:

    <sites>
      <workplace-server>http://babvs14.rothamsted.bbsrc.ac.uk:8080</workplace-server>
      <default-uri>/sites/default/</default-uri>
      <site server="http://babvs14.rothamsted.bbsrc.ac.uk:8080" uri="/sites/default/"/>
      <site server="http://babvs14_1.rothamsted.bbsrc.ac.uk:8080" uri="/sites/phibase/"/>
    </sites>

But I don't know whether it is important using http:// & port in site tab. Different manuals have difference. I tested that not using pre and postfixes just do that for both addresses I have the same normal welcome.
For sure both sites exist in opencms system cos log shows:

11 Jan 2010 14:45:09,322  INFO [pencms.site.CmsSiteManagerImpl: 197] . Site root added      : server: http://main.domain:8080 uri: /sites/default title: /sites/default/
11 Jan 2010 14:45:09,323  INFO [pencms.site.CmsSiteManagerImpl: 197] . Site root added      : server: http://main_1.domain:8080 uri: /sites/phibase title: /sites/phibase/

And tomcat:
    <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
               connectionTimeout="20000"
               redirectPort="8443" />

So I used 8080 only. I will use mod_proxy cos I am too lazy to install mod_jk and config now. :)
I'll do in the future.

With best wishes,
Jacek