[opencms-dev] Antwort: Re: Moving OpenCMS & Update --> need help

Jessica Maas yukarichan87 at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 26 15:51:11 CET 2010

Actually I only copied them into the opencms-folder and said "yes" for
"overwrite all" so all new files should be in there and double replaced by
the update-files.

The readme sais " Instructions for updating OpenCms 6.x/7.x to OpenCms
7.5.1"

No, it wasn't but I had a similar problem with another application where the
update then fixed the problem. That's why I wanted to try it here, too. But
it obviously didn't work, so I maybe should first get the old version
running.

If I copy the full webapps folder to tomcat and the database into mysql,
start tomcat and try to call opencms, I get this error now:

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

message

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.opencms.main.CmsInitException: Critical error during OpenCms
initialization: Unable to initialize connection pool "default". Is the
database up and running?
    org.opencms.main.OpenCmsCore.getInstance(OpenCmsCore.java:265)
    org.opencms.main.OpenCmsServlet.doGet(OpenCmsServlet.java:127)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/6.0-snapshot logs.

And yes, the database is up and running.