[opencms-dev] firewall closes connections to DB

Jordi Martí jmarti at theinit.com
Tue Jan 26 19:30:02 CET 2010

Hi all,

if anyone could help with this, i would be very very very thankful.

We have a stable opencms 6.0.3 version (sigh) running on production for
around two-three years. It has been used for internal purposes
(intranet); but now, we want to use it as an extranet; but we installed
it in a DMZ and now, connections are being closed by the firewall,
causing after long periods of inactivity, a white screen during about 15
minutes until the system closes or throws the old connection away.

I've searched it in nabble and found these two links that advise me to
do a wget in a cron. That's a dirty *but useful* solution that I will
implement.
http://old.nabble.com/MySQL,-OpenCms-and-a-3Com-Superstack-firewall-to883637.html#a883637

http://old.nabble.com/OpenCms-Freezing-to2173684.html#a2175298
(BTW, system managers keep on telling me that it is not possible to
deactivate this "feature" in the firewall)

*My question is:*
Is there ANY feature / bugfix after opencms 6.0.3 that would REALLY fix
my problem and I could use it as an argument to migrate to opencms 7.5?

I cannot do any test on production and i have not been able to reproduce
the problem at localhost, so I cannot figure it out by myself.

Thanks everybody.

Jordi Martí - jmarti xATx theinit _DOT_ com