[opencms-dev] Antwort: Re: Moving OpenCMS & Update --> need help

Frank Pertack fpertack at vater-gruppe.de
Wed Jan 27 12:48:05 CET 2010

Hi Jessica,

ok, maybe there is something wrong in the WEB_INF as well as Achim told
you, but your Problem with the mysql Server is really strange:
The setting-change in the my.cnf (max_allowed_packed size) is recommended
by OpenCms, Doing so will enable you to transfer large files to the DB (is
important for transferring Pictures or importing modules as well).
I do not know, why your Sql-Server won't start. Please take a look into the
sql-logs to get more information.

When you 've got it running again, check in the "mysql"-database the table
"user". There must be the user root for localhost WITH password. Normally
this is done during the opencms-installation I guess, but since you copied
your opencms to that machine and made an update, I think you have to adjust
the localhost root-password in mysql manually.

Best regards

Frank