[opencms-dev] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Moving OpenCMS & Update --> need help

Achim Westermann achim.westermann at questico.de
Wed Jan 27 15:27:28 CET 2010

Hi Jessica,

I will deal with server2, someone else already answered regarding your mysql troubles on server1.

You are one step further here. But bad news: your update scenario was wrong: You cannot hook on a database from OpenCms 6.x to an OpenCms
7.x and then expect that it will start. You have to keep in mind that the OpenCms workplace itself is stored in the database. So you revert
to an old OpenCms again while your configuration files are intended for 7.5.1.
In this case the OpenCms database manager tool in the database refers to a class "CmsImportToolHandler" that was dropped before OpenCms 7.x
came out.

I recommend the following:

Do a fresh install of 7.5.2. Then Export your content from the old server using the Database Management tool in the OpenCms workplace.
You'll get a zip file below /WEB-INF/packages/. Move that to the same folder on the new install and try to import that.

In case you also have coded your own modules you should export those first and import them to the new system. If those modules contain
custom Java code you might run into further problems with API incompatiblities.

Good luck!

Achim

HTH means: "Hope That Helps"