[opencms-dev] Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Antwort: Re: Moving OpenCMS & Update --> need help

Jessica Maas yukarichan87 at googlemail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:48:17 CET 2010

Ok first to get some system in here, I will now call the two machines I'm
talking about "Server1" and "Server2".
Explanation:

*Server1:*
I only copied the full webapps-folder of the old opencms-installation to the
new server. I also copied the whole mysql-database to the new server. I'm
trying to get the old opencms running on the new system first. I did not do
any update, yet. This would be the next step if I could get it running.

*Server2:*
I installed a normal opencms version 7.5.1 that I downloaded from the
website. Then I replaced the original database by the one from the old
opencms that I want to move and update. I updated everything through the
update-wizard which ran through without problems at first sight. I'm now
trying to get this updated version running.

I'm just mentioning this that the two problems don't get mixed up. I will
now caption every answer related to this explanation with server1 or
server2. I hope this is ok for you. I just want to get things easier for
both sides and avoid confusion.

*Ok... now back to your suggestion Achim:

This is on Server2:
*I replaced the opencms-workplace.xml (but made a copy of the old one) with
the new one, restarted tomcat and tried to start opencms again. Now I've got
a different error (see the image attached - it's german but I guess the
english version would be very similar).

I also attached the opencms.log-file, but already found some of the errors
mentioned in there:
error during setting up tool at /system/workplace/admin/
database/importserver.jsp.
error during setting up tool at
/system/workplace/admin/database/importhttp.jsp.
error during setting up tool at
/system/workplace/admin/database/htmlimport.jsp
error during setting up tool at /system/workplace/admin/database/export.jsp
error during setting up tool at /system/workplace/admin/database/
inconsistent install path /database/staticexport for tool at
/system/workplace/admin/database/staticexport.jsp

What does that mean or how could I fix this?

P.S.: mh... just for my personal interest: what does "hth" mean?