[opencms-dev] On demand static export not working properly onWebsphere 6.1

Edwin Chiu edwin.chiu at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 11:53:44 CET 2010

Hi All,

I am also facing the static export problem similar to Jordi with no web
server in front.

Here is the summary of my environment.
OS: Window XP SP3
OpenCms: 7.5.2
App Server: Websphere 6.1
Database: Oralce 10g

Here is my testing case.
Case A:
1. Upload an image with the same name and replace it.
2. Publish the updated image.
3. CmsStaticExportManager deletes the old image file internally.
4. Open a browser and a web sniffer, and then browse the image. The http
status code is 304 (Not Modified). And the image is broken in browser
5. Go to the export folder and find that no file is generated.

Case B:
1. Delete the static export folder manually.
2. Same result as Case A's 4 and 5.

After Case A and B, I try to restart the server. Then, the OpenCms can
generate the files again. But if I repeat case A and B, the result is still
the same.

Do Alkacon team have any idea of the cases?

Thanks
Edwin