[opencms-dev] Image Dialog Questions

Matt Thomas matt.thomas at nn.k12.va.us
Mon Feb 15 22:15:41 CET 2010

Hello everyone,

I am new to OpenCMS and am having difficulties configuring  user options for adding images within an HtmlWidget.  I am using structured content editing, and have configured the xsd to include HtmlWidgets with the image option turned on.  I am trying to only use galleries for user uploaded images in order to make the process friendly for users and to keep things organized.

My problem is that when I click the image icon on the HtmlWidget, I get the dialog box for galleries, but no galleries show up show up in the list.  I have granted permission for users to be able to view the galleries, but the list comes up blank.  If I create an image folder in the site tree, I am able to view and upload images to that folder, but I want to restrict users to the galleries only.

Please let me know if my question and line of thinking makes sense.  If you have a better suggestion as to how to force users to use a specific folder or gallery, please chime in.

One other question:  Is there an option in the image dialog for borders?  I do not see one and have not found any information on this.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with these problems!

Matt Thomas
Web Applications Developer
Newport News Public Schools
757-881-5461 x12136

Newport News Public Schools Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.