[opencms-dev] Image Dialog Questions

Claus Priisholm cpr at codedroids.com
Wed Feb 17 09:35:18 CET 2010

It seems that you make a distinction between an image folder and a
gallery - an image folder is an image gallery, and only folders of the
relevant resource type are listed by the gallery popup-windows.

Matt Thomas wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>

> I am new to OpenCMS and am having difficulties configuring  user options
> for adding images within an HtmlWidget.  I am using structured content
> editing, and have configured the xsd to include HtmlWidgets with the
> image option turned on.  I am trying to only use galleries for user
> uploaded images in order to make the process friendly for users and to
> keep things organized.
>

> My problem is that when I click the image icon on the HtmlWidget, I get
> the dialog box for galleries, but no galleries show up show up in the
> list.  I have granted permission for users to be able to view the
> galleries, but the list comes up blank.  If I create an image folder in
> the site tree, I am able to view and upload images to that folder, but I
> want to restrict users to the galleries only.
>

> Please let me know if my question and line of thinking makes sense.  If
> you have a better suggestion as to how to force users to use a specific
> folder or gallery, please chime in.
>

> One other question:  Is there an option in the image dialog for
> borders?  I do not see one and have not found any information on this.
>

> Thanks in advance for your assistance with these problems!
>

> Matt Thomas
>
> Web Applications Developer
>
> Newport News Public Schools
>
> 757-881-5461 x12136

> Newport News Public Schools Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message,
> including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended
> Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
> If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
> immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

Claus Priisholm, CodeDroids ApS
Phone: +45 48 22 46 46
cpr (you know what) codedroids.com - http://www.codedroids.com
cpr (you know what) interlet.dk - http://www.interlet.dk