[opencms-dev] Cannot delete - Missing VFS resources (ghost resources??)

Andrea Puddu docpuddu at tiscali.it
Fri Mar 5 15:50:32 CET 2010

Hi Achim thank you for your reply.

Let's go further, then!

We can exclude the second option "max_allowed_packet"  because it's set
to a big value.

Regarding the first option I've already done a 're-import' and it
finishes with no errors.

Problems begin when I perform the 'publish' action (of the just imported
folder/resources). Errors given back are similar to the one I post
previously, OpenCms says that  is Unable to read file contents with
resource ID "8eae15f3-1bdd-11df-9e9a-e550bb42fd79" (online=false)

My scenario is very common... I suppose.

I have a VFS on the opencms box1 (pre-prod) like this:

/sites/mysite/branch1
/sites/mysite/branch2

I want to bring it on opencms box2 (prod)

Since branch1 + branch2 are enormous I decided to perform  two database
exports and obtain two .zip files to import on opencms box2.

Take into account that under the branch1 subtree there are resources
that are siblings of resources under branch2.

While I import the first .zip am I breaking the sibling relation between
the resources under the two different branches? Looks like that...

So as said I imported .zip1 then .zip2 and then .zip1 again to fix some
lost sibling relations.

Finally when I try to publish /sites/mysite/ (recursively) I get the
errors...

Any idea?
I may have to investigate on DB tables, relations... etc...right?

Thanks for your help,
Andrea

Andrea Puddu
docpuddu at tiscali dot it