[opencms-dev] OpenCms SSO Integration

hopf at synyx.de hopf at synyx.de
Wed Mar 17 12:13:23 CET 2010

Hi,

> a) create an admin enabled CmsObject without having to store the admin
> pasword somewhere

At least this is possible: You can implement a ModuleAction. This
ModuleAction on startup gets a reference to an initialized admin
CmsObject. You can store this object e.g. in OpenCms via
OpenCms.setRuntimeProperty() if I remeber correctly.

> The way the API seems to us currently, OpenCms can only be integrated
> into SSO if it handles the login itsself but not as a client to another
> login server.

I am not sure if this could be done without patching some parts. But you
might want to have a look at a presentation of OpenCmsDays 2008 which
described approaches to integrate SSO solutions in OpenCms. I can't find
the archive of the OpenCmsDays but the slides should be available
somewhere.

Regards
Florian