[opencms-dev] OpenCms SSO Integration

Yves Glodt yg at mind.lu
Wed Mar 17 12:22:09 CET 2010

Hi Fabian,

from OpenCms I am also using an SSO principle to enable access to
private resources.

Principle:

- The SSO-login-server (independent webapp in our case, but could be
just a .jsp in OpenCms) sets a cookie with an UUID if the login was
successful, and creates a corresponding record in a DB.
- I created a filter which checks the resource you want to access, in
case they are private it checks the value of the cookie and looks (per
sql) if there is an existing SSO-session.
  if yes it let's you through, it not it redirects.

We used this approach because the users/password are in the DB of an
ERP-system, and not linked to OpenCms at all.

hope this can help you :)

yves