[opencms-dev] Groups with special characters

Francisco Passos francisco.passos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 15:33:41 CET 2010

Hello there!

I hope I'm posting this to the right place, I've searched through the
archives, an OpenCms forum and google in general.

What I have is this, I'm using OpenCms 7.0.5 and creating some groups
through CmsObject.createGroup. And some of them have special characters.
Imagine a group with a name like 'Açores' or 'Ácido'. The group is created
well as far as I can tell.

However, when I try to associate that group to a resource, in order to set
permissions, the moment I click the + button, to add the group to the
permission list, I get a message saying the group (with those characters
escaped) cannot be found.

I realized it could have to do with my browser encoding and noticed it was
using UTF-8. If I change it to ISO-8859-1, I can perform the required
association, but then the names are not properly displayed on the web page.
Is there a way I can get this to work the same way it does with regular
named groups?

Thank you,
Francisco Passos