[opencms-dev] Trouble installing opencms7.0.5 on Jbos 4.2.3

Ricardo Vila ricardo.vila at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 22:49:49 CET 2010

Hi list,

Please can you help me?

I wonder if someone install opencms 7.05 successfully on jboss 4.2.3, I
follow a series of links as:

http://opencms-wiki.org/App_server_related_topics#JBoss
http://www.lintips.com/?q=node/56
http://opencms-forum.org/opencms-forum/viewthread;jsessionid=4734E0E489790E266CC323F1869551BE?thread=1473

But when i try with these links, i obtain errors

For example, i unpacked the opencms.war on a directory with same name, then
when i starting the jboss server,obtains the following error message:

[TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/jmx-console,
warUrl=.../deploy/jmx-console.
war/
18:21:25,940 INFO [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/opencms,
warUrl=.../deploy/opencms.war/
18:21:27,115 ERROR [[/opencms]] El Servlet /opencms lanzó excepción de
load()
javax.servlet.ServletException: Critical error during OpenCms
initialization: The OpenCms setup wizard is still enabled.
at org.opencms.main.OpenCmsServlet.init(OpenCmsServlet.java:243)

Finally, if put in the browser: http://localhost:8080/opencms/setup, the
application runs good and finalizes without problems. After,  if put  in the
browser: http://localhost:8080/opencms/opencms, the application sent a error
500 and shows nothing. THen, i don't know what happening.

I've installed RHEL 5, with jboss 4.2.3 and opencms7.0.5

Thanks for your responses
Greetings,
Ricardo